Monday, April 13, 2009

Engaged!

I am probably the world's least consistent blogger. This is sad. I blog...and then I feel self conscious because I find out people are actually reading my blog and then I stop. But - I am going to push through the awkwardness and divulge my innermost thoughts for all the see. Jk. Jk. I am gonna keep it light, but informative. And...lots to inform these days. First things first, I am engaged! Holy cow. I am currently the very lucky, future Mrs. Lindsey Stamm. Here are some ways you can also say Stamm.

* Stammtastic
* Stamm-a-rama
* Stamminator
* Stamm it (if you are the swearing type)
* Stammwhich

Anyways, while I am still a little shocked that I am marrying Josh - I am at the same time not that surprised since I can remember thinking the very first time I saw him - wow...that's the guy I am gonna marry. The road was kind of bumpy and awkward ...but it ended beautifully with lots of God moments to tell about:) He is totally my favorite person to hang out with.

Here are some awkward moments I had with Josh before we got together. I want to give girls hope that you dont have to have it all together or be super cool in order to find love.

* The "are you giving me a hug? A high five? Oh...you're just blocking the sun" moment. Yes, yes - there was a time (long before Josh awknowledged his undying love for me) when Josh would like to give me high fives. But since I pretty much was in love with him - I would always go in for the hug. I was really bad at deciphering his body language. One time Josh put his hand up to block the sun and I hugged him. He doesn't remember this. But I do. how can you forget awkwardness like that??

* The "oh shoot...he wanted me to hold his hand and I just gave him a high five" moment. Ladies. If you are watching a romantic movie and the guy next to you likes you and you like him - and he lays his hand next to yours and kinda grabs your hand a little....this is the wrong moment for a high five. But alas, I did not get that memo. Instead I gave him a high five. And in my head was like "your such an idiot..."

* The "I live you" mispelling moment. One time Josh and I were emailing and he said "I Live you" at the end of the email. This was confusing to me. Clearly it was a mispelling...but it could have gone either way - did he meant to say He LIKED me or he LOVED me? Ah. I just told him I lived him too.

Ok. Anyways. After 3 years of friendship and four months of dating Josh proposed at Disneyland:) Wahoo. November 13, 2009 is the big day! We can't wait.




6 comments:

jen said...

YAY for lindsey blogging again! oh, how you make me laugh! you seriously need to write a book, cause' you make me laugh! I live that you make me laugh and that you're going to be my sister-in-law!

Anonymous said...

oh how i've waited for this day--the day when lindsey yentes would again post. and that day has finally come! and with such news! (try reading that last line w/ a jewish accent--i know you can). anyway, linds, i'm so very happy for you. you're a precious girl, and i love you! ps: i love the picture of you simultaneously hugging josh and gazing at your ring. it's as if you couldn't decide which you liked better. but i wont't tell josh. ;)

Caryn said...

Oh,how wonderful!!! We want to be the first to tell you 'mazel tov'!!!
Sari's Yiddish momma and poppa!!

Anonymous said...

if you think your "engaged" post is gonna satisfy me for the next 6 months, you've got another thing comin' yentes!!

love and hugs.

Kate the Great: said...

I have not laughed this hard in a looooooong time. Stamm-it Lindsey...you're hilarious! I'm checking out blog life now that I'm completely new to it and I know you will help inspire me to not overanalyze what I write about and just go for it.

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com