Monday, October 18, 2010

Redeeming Creativity

I am not sure anyone still reads this blog. I am more than ok with that:)

Sometimes I DO actually think of things besides how to make my house cuter.

And for those times, I am going to document them on this blog.

Writing helps me organize my thoughts so they are not a jumbled mess. It helps me to sort out things I think about and also put down on paper (or screen?) encouragement that has helped me lately and new ways I see God move.

I have been thinking about creativity lately. I've been really into blogs for awhile now and I see women on there who are so creative. I love it.


I think as I get older I appreciate it more and also love to think about the relationship between God and creativity. I mean, Jesus was creative. So, isn't creativity a way to worship God and become more like him?

I defintely dont claim to be the most creative person on the planet. Not even close. But I am created in the image of God - and as a Christian I should be a mini-creator.


I so appreciate a beautiful picture, a nicely deocrated room and perhaps most of all - a super cute outfit.


When we were buying our home I remember thinking I would rather pay less for something to be able to make it our own than to pay more for something that already had all the nice things.

Now I am sure we can get into serious sin when we use our creativity for evil. We try to be the best only to show off, we want attention, we want to feed our pride. That doesn't mean we stop creating. It means our creativity must be REDEEMED and used for the glory of God.

There is something about transformation and personal touch that has always had a special place in my heart ... It's my way to express myself and also to challenge myself to be creative - like Jesus was creative.


If you think about the creativity of God - the sunsets, the millions of animals, the different skies, the weather - holy cow it just keeps going.

As Christians we should be the most creative, the most artisitc, the hardest workers. We should do our jobs well - to the best of our ability.

We should be agents of redemption.

We are little creators - just like Jesus was a big creator.

We can redeem the crappy things in our job/home/relationships/neighborhood and make them beautiful.

How can we be an agent of redemption in the things that the world might see as less than beautiful or drudgery? How can I take my passions and gifts and things I enjoy and not use them for gain or attention but for the glory of God?

Anyways - just some thoughts that I have been wrestling with and working thru. I am not a pastor or preacher or anything. These are seriously just areas the Lord is challenging me in and making me wrestle with.

3 comments:

sarah said...

i like this, linds. i like this a lot. PLUS, i like the way you were telling the world about the birth of redemption church in a super secretive way weeks before the big reveal. seriously though, great thoughts. keep 'em coming.

Anonymous said...

If you wish for to grow your knowledge just keep
visiting this site and be updated with the most recent news update posted here.


Here is my web-site - Louis Vuitton Outlet

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com